Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Amy's Weight Loss System

You are all here because you want to lose weight.  A lot of you have found things that work for you personally, and I don't want to break your system.  If you want to change things up, or don't know how to lose weight, I will tell you what I have done.  My husband and I came up with this, based on many factors we thought were intelligent and thought we'd experiment to see if it worked.  And guess what--it did!  It was fascinating and encouraging to try it, find it works, and also to research why it worked and find all sorts of supporting evidence from experts.

Here it is in a nutshell:

1. Drink water--LOTS of water!
2. Eat "whole" foods--natural, God-made, not packaged, full of fiber and protein and vitamins.
3. Cut overall food consumption--my method involves smaller meals separated by 3 to 4 hours.
4. Don't eat 3 hours before bed, and eat something small in the mornings before exercise.
5. Cut out sugar and all refined carbs--white bread, white pasta, white rice, desserts, candy, cake, and (I know) cookies!  If you need one treat a week, do that, but that's just to keep you from going crazy and completely blowing your diet.  It's not diet-approved food.
6. Get moving!  Exercise somehow six days a week if you can.

I'll be sending specifics, but that's the basic idea.  It's not revolutionary.  The water is the biggest thing that people don't think will be a life-changer, so they don't do it, and they don't lose weight.  So start out by drinking more this week!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment