Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Healthy Recipe: Raisin Bran Muffins

My sister gave me this recipe.  I used it for breakfast every other day or so during the previous biggest loser seasons.  It's also good for a mid-afternoon snack.  They really stick with you and limit your hunger, plus they're full of fiber, and my kids all love them!



Refrigerator Muffin Mix
You may only want to do part of a recipe because it makes a whole lot.  I probably make four dozen muffins out of this recipe.
(Weight Watchers:  1 ½ point per muffin)
4 eggs, slightly beaten
2 ½ cup sugar
½ cup applesauce
¼ cup oil
1 qt buttermilk (or regular milk)
1 15oz pkg raisin bran cereal
5 c flour (I like to substitute some wheat flour in for some of the regular flour)
½ T salt
4 ½ tsp baking soda

Combine ingredients thoroughly.  Store in container in fridge.
Pour out the amount needed in cupcake lined muffin tins and return remainder to fridge.  Keeps about one month.
Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment